"A Christmas Gift For You"(Philles 4005)-COVER ONLY. PLEASE NOTE this item is the cover only-there is no record included. PLEASE NOTE a complete set of this record both vinyl and cover from 1981 is also included-"Phil Spector's Christmas Album"(Pavillion 37686)-1981-LP.There are no autographs on this item.
A Christmas Gift for You from Philles Records (later re-released as A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector) is an album of Christmas songs, produced by Phil Spector, and originally released as Philles 4005 in 1963. Spector treated a series of mostly secular Christmas standards to his trademark "Wall of Sound" treatment, and the selections feature the vocal performances of Spector's regular artists during this period. It is one of only twelve long-playing records released on the Philles label, peaking at number 13 on Billboard magazine's special, year-end, weekly Christmas Albums sales chart in December 1963.The album was reissued by Apple Records in 1972, with different cover art and retitled Phil Spector's Christmas Album; this version went to number 6 on Billboard's special Christmas Albums sales chart in December of that year.
However, the album was a relative failure at the time and was released on 22 November 1963, the same day as the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Original pressings are now scarce and collectible, now selling for $400–$500 in excellent condition.In subsequent years the album grew in popularity and is considered now to be a holiday classic. Several of its tracks became iconic Christmas songs for generations, such as the original (and flop) single "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)," and the well-known "Ring-a-ling-a-ling Ding-dong-ding" background vocals in The Ronettes' "Sleigh Ride." The arrangement of Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" is based in part on the Crystals' version of the song , and U2's late 80s cover of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" that appeared on the first A Very Special Christmas album is patterned after the Darlene Love original that appeared on the Spector LP . The Ronettes version of "Frosty The Snowman" and "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" also usually get some radio airplay during the holiday season.
"Phil Spector's Christmas Album"(Pavillion 37686)-LP.
Recorded at Gold Star recording studio
Track Song Title Writer(s) Artist Time
1. White Christmas Irving Berlin Darlene Love 2:52
2. Frosty the Snowman Steve Nelson and Walter Rollins The Ronettes 2:16
3. The Bells of St. Mary's A. Emmett Adams and Douglas Furber Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans 2:54
4. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie The Crystals 3:24
5. Sleigh Ride Leroy Anderson and Mitchell Parish The Ronettes 3:00
6. Marshmallow World Carl Sigman and Peter DeRose Darlene Love 2:23
7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus Tommie Connor The Ronettes 2:37
8. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Johnny Marks The Crystals 2:30
9. Winter Wonderland Felix Bernard and Dick Smith Darlene Love 2:25
10. Parade of the Wooden Soldiers Leon Jessel The Crystals 2:55
11. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry and Phil Spector Darlene Love 2:45
12. Here Comes Santa Claus Gene Autry and Oakley Haldeman Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans 2:03
13. Silent Night Josef Mohr and Franz X. Gruber Phil Spector and Artists 2:08
"A Christmas Gift For You"(Philles 4005)-Cover Only has been autographed on the front cover by Ronettes-Ronnie Bennett,Estelle Bennett,Nedra Talley......Darlene Love....Crystals-Barbara Alston,La La Brooks,Mary Thomas,Dee Dee Kennibrew...Bob B Soxx and The Blue Jeans-Bobby Sheen,Fanita James.............CONDITION OF COVER AND AUTOGRAPHS IS VG.
"Phil Spector's Christmas Album"-CONDITION OF VINYL AND COVER IS VG.THERE ARE NO AUTOGRAPHS ON THIS ITEM.